Login with your TXCPA credentials by clicking "TXCPA Login"
Distinguished Public Service: Initiated to: (a) recognize TXCPA members who contribute responsibly as citizens of their respective communities and (b) encourage CPAs to actively participate in, and make substantial service contributions to, a broad scope of charitable and civic activities and to become leaders in their communities. The award is based on outstanding charitable, community and/or civic activities and other public service unrelated to regular duties performed as a member.
Each nominee should possess obvious credentials of specific accomplishments in the community, civic and charitable efforts. Only public service activities are recognized; professional service related to accounting organizations or the profession is not considered in determining the award winner.
Criteria: Some of the criteria to be considered in selecting a candidate for this award include:
- CPA certificate;
- Member of TXCPA in good standing;
- Participation in community, charitable and other civic activities on the local, state or national level, especially in a leadership capacity and on an ongoing basis;
- Responsibility for a public service project that had a significant positive effect on the community;
- Encouragement of participation in, and/or implementation of, public service projects through written articles or other published materials; and
- Service in an outstanding manner as an appointed or elected government official at the local, state or national level.